Using Gmail is not only using an email account- it’s a whole new world of opportunity. This is due to the fact, that Gmail not only offers a page for sending and receiving emails. Once you complete the Gmail sign up process, you will not only create an email address, but you will have a Google account.
Why should I sign up for a Gmail.com account?
Google offers you many interesting functions and opportunities to make your life easier. Such are Google Drive, where you get 15GB free space to store any file you need. Google Docs give you the opportunity to store and work with your documents online. This is extremely easy and handy, especially for work. You can sync your Gmail with your Google Docs and give access to your documents to anyone you need. This way you, or your work partners won’t have to download documents and work on the go. Google hangouts is also a great app for you to communicate with your friends no matter where you are.
These and many more benefits await for you when you create a new Gmail.com account. And don’t forget that Google cares for it’s clients and makes the Gmail sign up process ridiculously easy for you!
Gmail sign up process
As mentioned above, signing up for a Gmail account is very easy and can be completed in a few simple steps. First of all, you need to enter Gmail’s official website (www.gmail.com). Then you need to select “create a new account” and you will be redirected to the account creation page.
Once you enter this page, you just need to fill in the required fields:
- First you need to fill in your name and last name
- Then you need to come up with a username. If you enter a simple username (your name for example) Google won’t allow you to use it if it is used by someone else so as to avoid confusion. In order to save your time, try combining words with numbers, this way it will be more likely that your username will be unique.
- The next step is to create a password and confirm it. In order to create a safe password that nobody can violate you need to create a strong password. That means that you need to combine capital letters with small letters and numbers in a complex way. You also need to make your password both complex and very familiar and easy to remember.
- Then you need to fill in your birthdate and gender (which is optional by the way)
- Filling in your mobile phone is also optional, yet very recommended. If you provide Google with your phone number, it will be easier for you to recover your password in case you forget it. You will also get notifications to your phone in your Gmail account is accessed from another PC or smartphone (other IP address). This way you will know if somebody intruded your account and you will be able to contact Google customer service to block it.
- Entering your current email address is also optional (in case you don’t have one or don’t want to mix things up)
- Lastly you need to enter you current location.
After that you need to agree with policy terms.
Congratulations! Your Gmail.com account is ready for you to use!